Friday, October 13, 2017

Where to Ideas Come From

By Kelly Bridgewater

If you are anything like me, I struggle for ideas some times to put on this blog. Writing fifty-two writing or advice posts a year can be a challenge. What do I say that hasn't been already taken? What do I have to say that might ring true with a reader? Do I actually make a difference or am I white noise in a crowd of blogs trying to fight for your attention?

Well, I might not be that important, but I do have certain ways to grab my ideas.

Here they are:

1.) A Different Blog

What I mean by this is that someone will write an article that looks interesting, so this I take my spin on it and place it on my blog. For instance, Melissa Tagg wrote a blog post on books that have shaped her life since she started to read. I LOVED the idea, so I borrowed it, with props to her of course, and showed the books that shaped my life.





aha-moment


2.) Bible Verses

Maybe during my devotions time, I found a verse that really stuck out to me, and I wanted to share the meaning with you. So I write down the verse and then I explain the importance of the verse to you. I may be wrong in my assessment, but at least, I tried to show what God has been showing me.

3.) Writing Advice

Sometimes this can come from someone else's blog or something I read in a writing book. I have entire bookshelf dedicated to writing books, so I am bound to find something there to share, even though sometimes I don't feel that qualified to write in this section because I don't have a book published yet.

What about you? Where do you go for inspiration for your blog posts? Internet? Other blog posts? Books? Bible?

Share. Let's talk about Ideas that sometime struggle to surface. 

No comments:

Post a Comment