Friday, October 27, 2017

DADDY: 2 Years



By Kelly Bridgewater

In four days I will be celebrating two years since my Daddy died.

Two years.

Wow!

There are days I still can't believe it has been two years already. 

imgarcade.com


The one thing that bothers me is that the pain has lessen A LOT, which is a good thing. I don't think of my Daddy all the time. A certain song comes on or a movie that I enjoyed with my father will bring me to tears. Talking about my Daddy with my brother and sister will also do it.

But for the most part, I have learned to live without him.

Which I really HATE to say.









Here is a blog post that I wrote a year and a half ago that showed my hurt. Now, not so much. Father's Day was hard, but I have learned to accept that I will see my father again in heaven. I just have to wait until it's my turn to go.

A trusted and Godly friend suggested writing a letter to my father with all the pain I had and allowed myself to express my hurt to him. I wrote in my journal and have written a number more of them. Usually when I feel like I need to talk to my Daddy, I write him a letter in my journal. Whether or not, he actually sees them or knows I wrote them I don't know, but it brings me some type of peace as I record my thoughts and feelings to my Daddy. It is also the journal where I record a number of my prayers and Bible study notes and letters to my children that hopefully one day they will treasure. 

www.pinterest.com


I just wanted to spend today, treasuring and honoring the memory of my late Daddy and allowing you to see how much the ache and pain is and how far I have come.

If you have lost someone near and dear to you too, I'm sorry. If not, I hope you don't have to endure this pain for a long time.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings!

No comments:

Post a Comment