Friday, November 25, 2016

THANKFUL



By Kelly Bridgewater

Yesterday was my birthday. Yes, on Thanksgiving. It happens every so often. I ate turkey, mac and cheese, potatoes with gravy, green beans, deviled eggs, a salad, and some pie. Pie. Not cake. It happens when my birthday falls on the holiday. My mother, brother, and sister came with their families, and we celebrated the day together. After the meal, my mother, sister, and I cleaned up while all nine grandchildren ran around in the woods behind our house. It was nice to have them run off that piece of pie that they ate. 

www.lindwedelwinegarden.com


Having my family together means more this year after losing our Daddy last Halloween. It has been a rough year, but it makes me want to spend more time with my mother before I lose her too.
I'm thankful for:

- A loving God who is always there for me, even though this past year has been a HUGE struggle in really believing that he cares about the decisions I make in my life.

- A supportive and loving husband who works really hard to provide for me and our boys. I love my husband who is definitely more romantic that I ever will be, even though romance isn't big on my priority list.

-Three high energy boys who love me. Even the teenager still talks to me when a certain girl at school catches his interest. I hope that keeps up. He knows that I want to know about things like that because it is important to stay in connection with his mother. 
www.huffingtonpost.com

 - A God-fearing mother who loves God and teaches everyone about God. My mother has always had us three kids in church our entire life. I don't remember missing church much. It was such a part of my upbringing that is why my husband and I continue taking and teaching our boys about God.

- A little sister and older brother who is always there for me. No matter what. If I need to call and talk to them, they are both there to listen and offer their assistance. I couldn't imagine better siblings. Even though when we were younger, I don't think I would have ever said that.

- My loving books and joy in writing. I have loved books and writing for as long as I can remember. My life has revolved around creating imaginary stories and reading tons of books to fill my day. I don't understand how people, like my boys, don't enjoy getting lost in a good book.

What are you thankful for? Not just because it is Thanksgiving, but because it is good to remember all the great things that the Lord has given us. I'm thankful that you take the time to read my ramblings. Thank you! Have a good holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment