Friday, October 17, 2014

Meet Chloe Walker: My Heroine

By K. L. Bridgewater


Nine weeks ago, I mentioned how I find my story ideas by discovering the ending first. Then, I moved on to talk about my problems with knowing my characters enough for the audience to fall in love with them. Well, for the past two months, I have been reading and highlighting Characters, Emotions, and Viewpoints by Nancy Kress, in between reading fiction books to review here. It has been a wonderful help. Last week on October 7, I introduced you to my hero, Devin Sanders. Today, I want to introduce you to my heroine Chloe Walker. I attached an image of Topanga Lawrence aka Danielle Fishel from Boy Meets World, who fits the  description of my heroine.

26 years old    
Academic Honors Diploma
BA in English
MA in Writing

-Middle child of five. Always felt pushed into a corner. Never good enough to please her parents. Both parents are now divorced who called it quits weeks after the youngest, Kaleb, graduated from high school.
Biggest goal: To write a suspense novel.
Biggest fear: Afraid of water. She believes she will die by drowning in a car that has driven into the bottom of a river or a lake.
Biggest lie: Not good enough.
Preferences:
-Perfectionist
-loves Coffee
-Pizza (Pepperoni, Mushroom, and Black Olives)
-Rock Music (Metallica, Skid Row, Wolves at the Gate, Close Your Eyes, Thousand Foot Krutch, etc.)
-Clothes:   Stylish, yet comfy. Jeans with a hoodie. Sweaters. Shorts. Tank tops.
-Hair: Spends a lot of time making sure it looks just right.
-Chloe doesn’t like the way she looks. She feels fat, but when she works out, no results so she gives up.
-Introvert
-Organized
-Biggest Pet Peeve: A dirty bathroom (who would want you to use a bathroom that is dirty? Really?!)
-Cautious
-Afraid to let anyone in because they probably will find something wrong with her.

Character’s abilities: She can argue her way intelligently whenever she needs to prove a point. Knows a good book or movie and recommends them.

How do you handle frustration? I usually blow up when no one is around and mumble to myself about the injustice. Sometimes I will throw things to make me feel better. I really never let anyone see me get angry or know that something is bothering me.

What stands in the way of your happiness right now? On the outside, I seem like a happy person, but on the inside, I’m complaining to God on a daily basis. Why don’t I have my dream job? (Being an editor at a book publishing company) Why don’t I have a book published? (I have been doing this writing thing for ten years) Why don’t I have my log cabin in the woods?

If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be? I would have kept dating Devin Sanders.

Have you ever done this for a character? Are there any suggestions I should include to fully develop more heroine more realistic for my characters?  Here are the ultimate questions: Do you like or dislike Chloe Walker? Could you see yourself spending time with her in a three part book?

No comments:

Post a Comment