Friday, March 8, 2024

Empty - Nesters

 By Kelly Bridgewater

Empty-Nesters.

shutterstock.com


What a strange phrase.

This is the term coined for when all your children have moved out.

I’m not there yet. Currently, my last son is a freshman in high school, but it will be happening soon.

I know from watching my mother, father, and other parents that it can be a lonely time.

I know as a parent kids can keep you hopping all the time. No time for a break, so it is hard to schedule your parents into your busy life.

But I enjoy my children.

Playing board games.

Talking to them.

Praying with them.

Teaching them new things.

Looking forward to the holidays and all the memories that we can make.

What will I have to look forward to when Christmas and Thanksgiving comes around, and they do not visit?

Of course, the grandchildren will be sent over for us to watch. I’m sure.

I will have plenty of time for my hobbies.

Cross-stitching.

Writing, I pray.

Reading.

Traveling, I pray.

Spending more time focused on my lovely husband.

What about you? Any advice for this pre-empty-nester?

No comments:

Post a Comment