Friday, November 10, 2023

My Birthday Month

 By Kelly Bridgewater

I know a friend of mine that had a birthday on February 20th and her husband commented that they spend the whole week pampering her. No household chores. They cook the meals. Allow her “free” time without her seven kids bothering her.

I also have an aunt that says the whole month of November is all about her. She chooses where to go out to eat and where to visit.

These months or weeks are all about them.



Since my birthday usually falls during the week of Thanksgiving, I do not have that luxury. I make the Thanksgiving meal and clean the house since extended family is coming over. Most times, my husband and kids even forget my birthday with all the hustle during that week. If it is after Thanksgiving on Black Friday or that Saturday, we go shopping and decorate the house for Christmas, so my birthday is not that important.

With me working 45 hours a week and then going straight home to homeschool our youngest, I really do not have a lot of me and alone time.

I do not know what I would if I had time spent just focused on me.

What about you? Does birthday last longer than the day of your actual birthday? What do you do or request?

No comments:

Post a Comment