Friday, September 29, 2023

Tribute for Colorado Avalanche

 By Kelly Bridgewater

My favorite sport is Hockey.

My favorite team is the Colorado Avalanche.

As a girl who grew up in Indianapolis, Indiana, hockey is not really popular at all.

Basketball and Football.

Yuck! I don’t really count them sports.

en.wikipedia.org


During the 1996 Stanley Cup Finals, it was the Colorado Avalanche vs. Florida Panther. Colorado Avalanche was the underdog with their second year as a team. I rooted for them, and they won the Stanley cup.

I have followed them every year since then. I fell I love with this teams strength and endurance. Some of my favorite players have played on this team. My favorite captain: Joe Sakic. Peter Forsberg. My ultimate favorite hockey player, the goalie, #33, Patrick Roy. (I have his jersey!)

pinterest.com


Now, we have a team that is doing awesome things too. I have added another hockey jersey to my collection. #29 Center Nathan McKinnon. Love how this team works well together and scores all the time.

nhl.com


What about you? Any favorite teams? Do you watch hockey? Favorite players?

No comments:

Post a Comment