Friday, November 25, 2022

Dream Jobs

 By Kelly Bridgewater

Do you work at your dream Job? What is your dream job?

When I was a little girl, I used to teach all the kids in the neighborhood during the summer. I enjoyed it. I loved seeing their eyes light up. I loved assigning homework, which they never completed and returned.

My mom was for sure that I was going to be a teacher. Nope. I did not.

I did teach College Level Writing classes when I attended Graduate school. Even won an award because I was nominated by one of my students because she loved me as a teacher.

But I did not pursue this career.

When I hit fifth grade, I wanted to be an astronaut.

Our school took a field trip to a planetarium, and we learned all the stories behind the constellations, and I was hooked. I wanted to spend more time in the stars.

I remember my Daddy taking a telescope and sitting outside with me at night and looking at the stars. Good memory.

I went to a Magnet middle school for Math and Science, so I could pursue this dream.

Once I hit my junior year, I knew that Science was not for me.

www.clipartpanda.com


I enjoyed reading and writing my whole life, so I thought a journalist. I could write stories. I was on the newspaper my junior and senior year in high school.

But I did not like focusing on non-fiction stories.

I enjoyed fiction.

In college, I started to pursue the steps to becoming an Acquisitions Editor for a publishing company. I have the BS in English with a Minor in Creative Writing. I have a MA in Writing.

But no experience.

I would love to sit and read books all day. Yes, we should publish this one. No, we should not publish this one.

OR I would love to get my tail end into gear and actually compose tons of novels that I have written outlines for.

Are you working at your dream job? What is your dream job?

No comments:

Post a Comment