Friday, April 3, 2020

Job Hunting Sucks

By Kelly Bridgewater

Have you tried job hunting in the past five years?

So frustrating . . .

Everything is on-line. You can't go into a store anymore and fill out an application. You can't walk in and hand a resume to the supervisor or the person in Human Resources (HR) and ask for a couple of moments of his or her time.

I have been hunting for a job for eight years this June. Yes, I have worked at the USPS for a year and a half, but I shared why I quit that modern-day slavery position.

Even that job is offered on-line.

First, you have to go to all these job hunting websites like Indeed or linked-in and upload your resume. Then spend hours looking by city, job type, or salary.

Then spend at least 30 minutes up to an hour filling out the questions. I thought that was what the resume was for. Guess not!

Then time to move on to another one. I fill out at least five job applications every morning.

Then you wait!

Don't you dare call the company within any time frame and ask if they have pulled your application yet because they become upset and declare they'll call you if their interested. BUT THEY WON'T!!!!

AAAHHH!!!!!!!!

Come back in three weeks, and I'll share some more about why resumes don' t match companies anymore.

What about you? Have you any experiences to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment