Friday, March 27, 2020

Spring Break


By Kelly Bridgewater

Spring Break, already?

Where has the time gone?

This year is a little different.

It is my oldest sons last Spring Break at home.

Well, what I originally planned for Spring Break has changed. Not that we were going to go anywhere. I started a new job this past Monday, and the entire world is on lockdown because of this 
virus scare.

While my husband, who is an people person, is climbing the walls literally, I'm okay with this. I love hanging out at home, working on the yard, walking our dogs, riding our bikes, reading books, cooking homemade dinners, and playing board games.

I don't feel bad that I have to stay at home. It feels nice to not have to rush to Awana every Wednesday. Not have to pick the boys up front play practice very day.

Not having to rush to band performances every weekend.

Not having to rush our kids off to work and play dates.

It is nice to just sit at home.

Get those things off our to-do list that have been sitting there for a while.

Like update the laundry room where it is more functionable.

Maybe even put the new cabinets we purchased in the kitchen.

I think in the end, this break will be nice for everyone.

Not for the kids though.

I don't even imagine how the schools are planning to grade anyone.

School isn't the same.

How about you? Are you enjoying this down time or going insane?

No comments:

Post a Comment