Friday, September 23, 2016

Build an Altar . . . Remember Blessings

By Kelly Bridgewater

Right now, my family and I are in a huge area of disappointment. We have our house on the market for the second time in three years. Last time was an entire year with no bites. Currently, we are on the 13th month of the second time. Still no bites.

We bought this 2,500 sq. ft 1888 old farm house nine years ago when we only had two boys and a lot of debt. In the past nine years, we have paid off ALL of our debt and brought our little Obadiah into our lives. What a blessing that has been!

I finished my Bachelor's in English and my Master's in Writing with NO debt! We have never had to pay for a baby-sitter or daycare. My husband's aunt, who was retired, graciously offered to hang out with our boys while I went to school.

My husband and I are part of the 2 percent of America where we have no debt. We have life insurance on all members of our family, and we save 15 percent of our income for retirement. Even unbelievable, we still save money for vacations and the annual ACFW conference for me.

www.bible-history.com

David, the man after God's own heart in the Old Testament, was old by God to build an altar with five stones. He did. To remember the miracles and blessings that God has brought him through. Even though he may be chased by Saul and had to fight a giant, David still had God's blessing on his life.

Sometimes, I wonder if we forget all the miracles that God has brought us through.

I know that I have.

It is easier to see the dark lining and wonder where God is hiding when all these huge disappointments come through.

I have been wanting to be a published writer since as far back as I can remember, but I'm still not there yet. I don't think my writing is what it needs to be. Sometimes when I sit down and face the computer, it seems my story runs and hides behind the curtain. Especially his past year with the passing of my father. I can't seem to get my mind around writing a story. I write about three pages, feel disappointed and close the computer.

But . . .

www.witnessfaith.com

Jesus says, "Seek FIRST the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore, do NOT worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." (Matthew 6:33-34 NKJV)

Maybe I need to find some stones and write the blessings God has given me on them, so I can remember how far I have come in moments of doubt.

I need to keep my mind on God. If God wants me to be a published writer, which I believe he does, than it will happen. I will keeping reading his Word, worshiping God, and communing with the other believers that God has set into my life. 

What about you, do you ever have moments when you doubt that God has ever done anything good in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment